14 Frequently Asked Questions
1) Why Dane Warren Real Estate compared to Traditional 5% - 7% Commission Real Estate Firms?
Our knowledge base is Key and in most cases we offer better marketing, negotiating and service compared to traditional 5% - 7% Commission Real Estate Companies. Our lower fees are just the beginning of the financial benefits our clients will receive.
2) How does Dane Warren Real Estate provide "listing to closing" services?
Dane Warren will post your home in the Charlotte Metro MLS System, which allows your home to be put into the Internet Data Exchange Portal. Your home will be advertised on over 1,000 web sites using IDX/MLS/Realtor.com Systems. Dane Warren will provide pricing analysis to meet current market conditions that will take into consideration the homeowners timeline to sell their home. A photo shoot will be setup to ensure the best photos are used to post into the MLS system. We will secure the best terms during the offer to purchase phase and manage potential inspection issues the buyer or inspector may find. Our full time professional closing broker will manage the closing process with the least amount of stress to our clients.
3) Why is Dane Warren Real Estate Inc., successful in the Metro Charlotte and surrounding areas?
a) We adjust and change with market trends to best serve our clients
b) We have closed over 1,500 real estate transactions
c) Our experience has prepared us to serve our clients best interest at a level few brokers and real estate offices ever reach.
d) Our referral base grows each year
e) Our programs save our clients money
4) Why do so many people still list with Brokers charging 6%?
Fear about less service and marketing promoted by firms charging 6% or 7%. Many homeowners do not realize commissions are negotiable. Many times homeowners like to hire a trusted friend or family member working part-time (4 or less transactions a year) under a higher commission Real Estate Company. This type of comfort can be costly in many ways.
5) Why do I need an agent at all?
Not many of us pull out our own teeth or set our own broken bones. Some folks may not want but probably do need a professional Real Estate Broker. The main reason so many sellers use Dane Warren Real Estate Inc., is for our experience and marketing. We counsel you on pricing your home, marketing your home, and most important, negotiating the best terms for you and managing your transaction throughout the closing process. We like to make sure our clients are prepared for closing by eliminating unnecessary stress when buying or selling.
6) Do we also represent buyers?
Yes we represent both sellers and buyers and have many years of experience in working with buyerâ€™s unique desires. We also offer a Cash Back / Rebate Incentive for buyers and give back 1 month rent as a credit to our Renters when we represent either in the purchase of a home.
7) Why aren't other brokers offering lower fees?
Traditional real estate brokerage is entrenched and change is slow. The Internet has helped to speed up the old school way of providing service to buyers and sellers as well as property management.Â Dane Warren Real Estate has always offered lower fees in the Metro Charlotte market and now notice a number of discount firms following our pricing models.
8) Do you provide a CMA or SMA?
Yes, we provide you a Selling Market Analysis that will give you the best information to price your home within a range that fits your motivation to sell.
9) Will my MLS listing look the same as larger local and national real estate firms?
Yes and in fact our clients find that our photos and presentation looks better in the MLS system than other local and national real estate offices that they have used prior to listing with our firm.
10) What is Limited Service?
A Limited Listing is when a broker doesn't help with contract negotiation and certain other aspects of the transaction. The MLS considers the listing to be a "limited service" listing and requires the firm to disclose it on the MLS Data sheet, so buyer agents know they MAY have to do more work.
11) Will a yard or window sign and lockbox be provided with a Limited Listing?
12) Do buyer agents avoid our limited listings?
No, buyer agents want to see that they are going to be compensated verses an unknown "for sale by owner".
13) What should I be aware of when using a Flat Fee MLS Limited Service Provider?
- Be sure your limited MLS service provider has a local office in your area so they can better service your limited needs.
- Can your provider upgrade your listing to a full service listing by meeting with you at your home and provide the service?
- Will your limited service provider refer you to another real estate firm on the other side of town to upgrade the service?
- Be sure to price your home to compete well in the MLS and provide good photos to enhance your MLS listing.
14) What should I be aware of if I market my home For Sale by Owner?
- Avoid any Internet or Local marketing that does not start with your home posted in the Charlotte Metro MLS!
- Buyers in many cases may not be able to secure a loan and your home could be off the market for months.
- Advertising your home can be very expensive.
- Be aware that you can save thousands when you retain the service of a full time experienced Real Estate Broker.
- It could cost you thousands if you do not enlist the services of a full time experienced Real Estate Broker.